Idea about Sylvia Plath
"I was in the company if lots of talented, smart, young women who wanted to walk on a path different from the one our parents chose for us. Our rebellion places us at risk physically There was an emotional cost to not fitting in. Those of use who suffered because we did not have enough maps to chart our journey and were not able to fully articulate our stories found solace in the writing of Sylvia Plath."
I am reading Communion: The Female Search for Love by bell hooks. I saw this part about Sylvia Plath and I used to and still say that I liked her because I was full on angst. I was full of not being seen, misunderstood and often confused about my place in the world. When I was a teenager I thought it was a mistake that my soul had chosen this timeline, this life and this body to experience the world/universe in. I felt awkward and apathy to who I was because I did not know. I never had the words or the understanding to know why I liked her other than to say 'angst' which is easier at times. As I continue to reflect on my younger self, present self and how I want to be in my future I want continue to understand my 'whys'.
Also I think this book is OKAY. It is not the worst book I read but there are some opinions I do not agree with for sure. I am keeping my perspective open to understand the book more.
As always, be kind to yourself and others.
Comments
Post a Comment